Why can't I connect my S4, Android version 5.0.1, to my Windows 7 computer?

A

AC Question

Can't connect my S4, Android version 5.0.1, to my windows 7 computer

I have downloaded updated drivers, and tried chatting with a Samsung representative only to find she can't solve my issue because I am not in the USA

feske

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't connect my S4, Android version 5.0.1, to my windows 7 computer

Having same problem help just randomly too... will charge from pc (using 3 different cables to are samsung)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If different cables and different USB ports didn't work, and you're sure you have the latest USB driver installed, then it's possible the microUSB port is faulty. You might have to bring the phone to a repair shop. Have you tried connecting to different computers?

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I would bet that the USB port or the USB card is defective. I had to replace my USB card about 6 months ago.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Are you trying to read folders using Windows Explorer, or are you using Kies.
I read that Lollipop may not be, or will not be compatible with Samsung Kies on a pc, as they are switching people to the revised Smart Switch pc program. Try downloading Smart Switch to your pc, and Kies if you don't have it.
You cannot copy media files across to Smart Switch like you could with Kies, but it should install the correct drivers and you can use Windows Explorer to access DCIM folders and others when the S4 shows as a Portable Media Device.

(You won't need the associated Smart Switch app, as it only helps to transfer data from an old device to a new Samsung (what Smart Switch only did originally).

Let us know if any of that works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance