Why are my devices not discovering or pairing with my Pill?

A

AC Question

Why are my devices not discovering or pairing with my Pill

So my old S4 has all my music and has been connecting with my BeatsPill for years. Today it will not connect with it. I unpaired the Pill from my S4 and attempted to repair. After some time a message popped up informing it could not pair with the Pill. I suspect this has to do with my phones recent upgrade to 5.0.1, however that update occured a week ago and I was connecting with my Pill up until today. Also I recently purchased a S6 and a Galaxy S10 neither of which detect the Pill. Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are my devices not discovering or pairing with my Pill

Welcome to Android Central! Have you only tried pairing at home? One possibility is that your home wifi is causing some interference with the Bluetooth, which can sometimes happen (on the 2.4 GHz band). As an experiment, try pairing away from home (or, at least, out of range of your home wifi network).

grdiscgolf

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Have you only tried pairing at home? One possibility is that your home wifi is causing some interference with the Bluetooth, which can sometimes happen (on the 2.4 GHz band). As an experiment, try pairing away from home (or, at least, out of range of your home wifi network).

Thank you for the response. So I did just try two experiments, first I turned off my modem and wireless router then attempted to locate the pill with my S4, S6 and Galaxy S10. No success. Then I took all my devices home where I have a different router and tried to find my Pill with all my devices, and still no success. So I guess we can cross interference from my wifi router off the list. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, what's the S10? Do you mean a Tab S 10.5?

Maybe the Pill itself is faulty. Can you find a KitKat or lower device to try to connect to?

grdiscgolf

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Sorry, what's the S10? Do you mean a Tab S 10.5?

Maybe the Pill itself is faulty. Can you find a KitKat or lower device to try to connect to?

Yes, I meant the Tab S 10.5.

I have no devices that run on kitkat or other previous software versions.

This pill has been working with no problems for 3 years. When it ceased working with my S4 it hadn't been moved or had any spills. The phone just ceased to connect with it then when I attempted to unpair and pair the S4 would no longer discover the pill. While the S4 was still connecting with it I had my S6 and Tab S 10.5 which neither ever discovered the Pill. The pill still works with a friends iPhone. All of this gives me doubt the Pill is faulty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, I'm out of ideas at this point. The fact that all of your devices are Samsung make me wonder if it's due to some Samsung security update. It'd be interesting to see if it connects to a non-Samsung Lollipop device.

grdiscgolf

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Ah I got it to work. I disabled the Pill's bluetooth then renabled it. All my devices discovered it. I had rebooted the Pill but have had it for long I forgot I could reboot the bluetooth. All is good now. Thanks for helping B. Diddy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I was wondering if there was some way to reboot a Bluetooth speaker, but I figured that'd be silly.:p Glad it worked!