Problem after the newest update with my music app

Crunchyhippo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I like to listen to my music at work through the Play Music app that came with my phone. After a minute or two of inactivity, my phone goes into standby and the screen goes dark, and my music still plays. If I need to pause the music, I could press the bottom-front button to make the screen appear again, press pause, then while I was busy with my task and the screen went into standby again I could just press the front button again and press play. After this recent update however, when I press the button to bring the screen back up, I don't have the play arrow anymore - it's been replaced with a weather banner- ? So I have to swipe to take the phone off standby, play the music again, then press the side button again to put it in standby once again. It seems the update just added a step to my music process. Am I doing something wrong, or do the Samsung engineers just love inefficiency?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your S4 updated to Lollipop? If so, there ought to be a Google Play Music lockscreen notification that allows you to pause or play. Do you have the phone set to show all notifications on the lockscreen, or only priority?