Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SD card not recognized, how can I recover the files?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SD card not recognised

Hi,
For the past 2 years I have ot had any problem with my sd card. Then today out of the blue my phone is not recognising it anymore. I tried turning my phone off and on but that didnt do anything.
I then plugged the sd card into my laptop using a card reader and miracle it read it! I proceeded to copy all my picures onto my laptop but less than halfway through it suddendly said that it could not find the card anymore. I had not touch the laptop while it was copying the files.
I then tried to take the card out of the laptop and back in, same with my phone but none of the devices are now detedcting my sd card.
Is there anything I can do to recover the files from my card if it is not being detected?
Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SD card not recognised

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, it sounds like the card died. SD cards can fail unexpectedly, due to manufacturing defects or data corruption. If the computer can't even recognize it, then you may not be able to recover any more data on it. If you can get it to be recognized on a computer again, then run chkdsk to try to fix any bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781