What is the meaning of this icon?

Alishibaz

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to ask the meaning of an icon on my screen when I open an email

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.
If you have a similar phone and use GMAIL for your email, please tap Email then select one one of the emails.
You should then see a screen with four icons at the bottom.
The first from the left is a square piece of paper with a pencil above it and this icon is used to compose a new email.
I just want to be sure we are both on the same page.
If you don't have a GMAIL acct, you can use the following procedure instead to get a look at the screen in question.
My question is: "I can't figure out what the second icon from the left does and I'd like to ask if anyone can tell me."

Alternative Procedure:
Go to the web site: http://devicehelp.optus.com.au/web/samsung-galaxy-s4/messaging/reading-email
Hover your mouse over number 3 "Tap the refresh icon",
You will see a screen that looks very similar to the email screen on my Galaxy S4

There is one difference however. If you look at the bottom of the screen displayed, there are four icons.
The second icon from the left looks like a circle with two breaks. On my phone it is a circle with one break.
I'd like to ask why these two icons are different?
I'm assuming the difference between those two icons is not important. Is that correct?

OK. To confirm we are both looking at the same screen:
The first icon lets you compose an email.
The third icon lets you search for emails.
The fourth icon shows you all the folders on the email account.

What does the second icon do?
I opened an email and tapped on that icon and the email disappeared and now I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you

Last edited:

Alishibaz

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I found help in another forum. Someone told me it is the "Refresh" icon. That makes sense to me. I'm sure that is correct.
But thank you anyway for the opportunity to post in your forum. I think this is a very lovely forum and I hope to be a good member here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca