My Galaxy S4 keeps showing a system ui stoped. What should I do?

A

AC Question

my galaxy s4 keep showing system ui stoped.what to do

my phone keep disturbing me by showing system ui stopped.what to do for this

Bestfinlandball

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: my galaxy s4 keep showing system ui stoped.what to do

You need to flash a new rom. If you have root and a custom recovery that should be easy, but if you don't you need to go through that. With the error message it can be annoying, but eventually it will work. Now with the rom, you can flash the stock rom if you happen to find one around the internet(there most likely is one for the s4)
Or just simply use cyanogenmod.
The error itself is caused by corrupt system file, so don't mess with the system files without backups!

nanatara

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Ever since my Galaxy S4 updated to Lollypop, I too am getting this "message". When it comes up I can "clear" it but my phone is then locked. I unlock it and the status bar (top of screen) is blank. Sometimes it recovers on its own, sometimes I reboot the phone. I have a "stock" phone (not rooted) and don't have or use many apps, and no social media. Have not noticed a pattern of apps that result in problem, have cleared cache before and just did it again after reading several posts. What did Lollypop do to my phone? How do I correct it? Seems lots of folks including myself are searching for info on this - I'm not finding good answers! Is this a common upgrade issue or coincidence with another problem? how to trouble shoot? (sorry, the response from bestfinlandball didn't make sense to me - except that there may be a corrupt system file. If so, how is this verified and corrected?) Have not tired calling my carrier yet (verizon) as in the past they have been far from helpful and it takes forever to get past the scripted Q&A and get to any useful discussion or an experienced tech.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

I have the same issue since updating to lollipop but it's Google play services have stopped & I've got two options report or ok. I press ok & everything is fine for a few days but today I had amazon has stopped, haven't even been on amazon today.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital