My Samsung S4 is connecting to wifi but the internet does not work or is very slow, how can I speed up the internet?

trevinotattoo

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
samsung s4 connecting to wifi but internet not working or very slow

i have a samsung s4 5.0.1 lollipop and xfinity wifi high speed (50mbps) at home. i can connect to my wifi and have a great signal (150mbps connectivity) but internet runs super slow or if i leave the room with the router i get no connection. my gf has exact same phone and version of android and hers works fine any room in house, also daughter has iphone 5c and her wifi is fast any room in house. also my phone will connect and disconnect to wifi multiple times. also will connect to wifi at work or anywhere else and retain connectivity with fast speeds. only in my house does this happen. i have tried switching from 5ghz to 2.5ghz, i have reset my phone reset router, tried connecting with wps button to no avail. please help!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung s4 connecting to wifi but internet not working or very slow

I would try a few things.
1) Forget the WiFi in your phone. Reboot. Re-add WiFi.
2) Check if you have SideSync installed in your phone. If you do, go to the Application Manager and Force Stop the app.
3) Do you have Bluetooth on? Try turning it off and then connecting to WiFi.

trevinotattoo

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

I would try a few things.
1) Forget the WiFi in your phone. Reboot. Re-add WiFi.
2) Check if you have SideSync installed in your phone. If you do, go to the Application Manager and Force Stop the app.
3) Do you have Bluetooth on? Try turning it off and then connecting to WiFi.

did the first one and i do not have sidesync installed. also tried connecting with bluetooth off and still nothing.

Ammarasyad

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Dial *#0011# --> then press menu --> select WiFi --> turn off Wifi power saving mode

Hope this helps!

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac