How to get the anti shake working on Samsung Galaxy S4?

moscreations

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
How to get the anti shake working on Samsung Galaxy S4

I have seen a post from 2 years ago that said to remove the auto night detection. I did that and the anti shake is still greyed out, so I can't set it up. Same for the ISO (which is defaulted to auto), face detection, metering modes - all of those are greyed out, so can't be changed. Is there a solution to this?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get the anti shake working on Samsung Galaxy S4

I have seen a post from 2 years ago that said to remove the auto night detection. I did that and the anti shake is still greyed out, so I can't set it up. Same for the ISO (which is defaulted to auto), face detection, metering modes - all of those are greyed out, so can't be changed. Is there a solution to this?
Thanks in advance
Do you have picture stabilization on? If so, then that might be why every other setting is greyed out. Disable it and see if that fixes the problem for you.

moscreations

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

I don't even see that in the settings, the only stabilization is for the video and THAT is greyed out as well. That sows up in the quick settings, both are greyed out, as is ISO and metering modes

moscreations

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Do you have picture stabilization on? If so, then that might be why every other setting is greyed out. Disable it and see if that fixes the problem for you.

I don't even see that in the settings, the only stabilization is for the video and THAT is greyed out as well. That sows up in the quick settings, both are greyed out, as is ISO and metering modes

moscreations

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello out there.........does anyone have anything to offer to help me. I can't even turn on the flash, it's also greyed out, I can't control anything on this camera. It's really frustrating.
HELP!!!:confused:

rbarnes65

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

Reset your camera settings and it will come back.

Galaxy S4 5.0.1

moscreations

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Reset your camera settings and it will come back.

Galaxy S4 5.0.1

What do you mean by reset? To factory default? For one thing I don't see how it's done, was checking the settings but don't see anything about that. And that means re-installing everything, BIG job!!! Not to mention all the pictures etc Hope there is another solution!

moscreations

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

What do you mean by reset? To factory default? For one thing I don't see how it's done, was checking the settings but don't see anything about that. And that means re-installing everything, BIG job!!! Not to mention all the pictures etc Hope there is another solution!

OK scrap that, DUH!!! I just realized you were talking about the CAMERA settings, I'm such a ditz. Anyway, I just did that, however, that did not help, the anti0shake is still greyed out, as is the ISO................ahhhh I just noticed that the Auto Night detection was on, I took it off, and then the anti shake is working. Finally got the answer. Thanks so much and sorry for the confusion above :)

Ammarasyad

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Clearing up data and cache if Camera app, duh!

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa