What is the Blue Triangle appearing when charging my Samsung Galaxy Star?

Reev79

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I have a Samsung Galaxy Star smartphone. I don't use it very often and recently the battery was flat and I attempted to charge it using my mains charger. When I connected the charge it, it displayed an empty battery symbol and then a small blue triangle with a smaller battery in the middle appeared. The phone does not charge now. I've bought a new battery but this hasn't fixed the issue. I've left it charging for nearly 3 hours **** there's no change.

Please can someone suggest any fixes or should I accept that the phone is dead :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved this post to the General Help forum, since there is no specific forum for the Galaxy Star.

Let the new battery charge on a wall outlet undisturbed for at least 4-6 hours before trying to power on. If it still doesn't work, then try a different USB cable and/or wall charging plug, since these components can fail. Also check to make sure there isn't any debris lodged in the microUSB port.

Reev79

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. The phone won't turn on. The error appears as soon as I connect the charger. I left it charging all night but it hasn't made any difference unfortunately. I can sometimes get into the menu where I'm prompted to perform a factory reset (other options appear too but I can't remember what they are right now). If I select the reset to factory settings it reboots itself and then returns to the error message again.

I've checked to see if there's anything lodged in the micro USA port and can't see anything. I've also tried another charger to no avail.

Any further suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have much else to suggest, as it looks like it might be more of an issue with the actual charging hardware within the phone, or perhaps the motherboard.