Why will my MP3 Files not play on my Samsung Galaxy s4?

taycee08

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I recently just put music on my phone through my computer using WonderShare MobileGo. All of my songs are MP3 formatted, but they will not play in Google Play Music or any of the other default music players. I have downloaded other music players and they songs do play. The songs are stored on my phone, not SD card.

I want to know they will not work through Google Play Music and when I try to make a song into a ringtone (Like create ringtone file, copy song from Music, paste back into ringtone file) the song will not work instead it will play some jingle. Also the top of the "music" folder in My Files, it says /storage/emulated/0/music and I ended up downloading almost 200 songs.

Please help...I am getting frustrated.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently just put music on my phone through my computer using WonderShare MobileGo. All of my songs are MP3 formatted, but they will not play in Google Play Music or any of the other default music players. I have downloaded other music players and they songs do play. The songs are stored on my phone, not SD card.

I want to know they will not work through Google Play Music and when I try to make a song into a ringtone (Like create ringtone file, copy song from Music, paste back into ringtone file) the song will not work instead it will play some jingle. Also the top of the "music" folder in My Files, it says /storage/emulated/0/music and I ended up downloading almost 200 songs.

Please help...I am getting frustrated.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried restarting the phone after you put the music on there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC