Searching for GPS

WCFLordCrumb

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone :)

Before starting this thread I googled my problem and came across quite a few requests for help with this issue of "Searching for GPS". I found a couple of guides about clearing Cache, Compass Calibration and Factory Reset, and I have done those things, including the complete Factory Reset of my S4.

I still have the issue of "Searching for GPS" when I open up my Maps. This has only started happening in the past month, previously it worked great, picking up the GPS almost instantly and I could follow the Map in my car with ease.

Now it's just constantly searching, and on the odd occasion when it does finally stop searching, it only lasts for a minute or two, and by that time, i'm a;ready lost in the city LMAO.

I ended up buying a Navman unit the other day because I really needed to know where I was going, but I would still very much like to have the GPS working on my phone for the times I use a different vehicle.

Things I did so far:

Clear Map Cache
Clear Cache on Reboot (holding down Power, Volume Up and Home)
Complete Factory Reset

Still nothing. Any new solutions or ideas would be awesome. Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505, Android Version 4.4.2

Jordanpaul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi Lord Crumb,
I have been having the same if not similar problems but I have a Note 3 that has been updated to Lollipop and these issues started after the update. It drives me crazy! I have not gone to the great lengths you have to fix this problem but am concerned that after a factory reset, nothing changed unless you too have updated to Lollipop and when you did a factory reset, it just reverted to Lollipop again. Is the case? I am even more concerned that all the posts concerning this issue appear to have ended in April as if everyone either fixed the problem or gave up asking. I have two issues:
When I am anywhere on the phone, I keep getting a notification that says; "Searching using GPS..."
When I am using Google maps to navigate, This notification is five lines total;
  1. [first line] name of destination,
  2. [second line] Search for GPS...
  3. [third line] (empty),
  4. [forth line] (solid line going across notification area),
  5. [fifth line] X EXIT NAVIGATION"
This big notification covers the top 25% of the screen and thereby covers up key navigation data!

Can anyone help our poor souls?
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2