Moving (apps) from 16GB to 32GB MicroSD Card

webmanoffesto

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I was using a 16GB MicroSD card in my Samsung Galaxy S4. I have some apps that I run off the card. I also have music on there. I finally bought a 32GB card. I copied all the files on the 16GB card to the 32GB card (maintaining same directory structure; in the card's root directory "copy all" then in the 32GB card's root directory "paste all"). With all the files on the 32GB card I can use ES3 File Explorer to browse the files on the card and using that I can play individual mp3 files. But my phone doesn't locate the apps (the home screen shows a "missing" icon where the app's icon should be). How can I fix this problem?

When I insert the 32GB MicroSD card I don't see the same "Loading Card" icon that I see when I insert the 16GB one.

Zundapman

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I vaguely remember reading/thinking that that my S4 could only use 16gb SD card when I was shopping for cards. Analogy to the 4gb Ram addressing in 32 bit windows?

Posted via the Android Central App

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The S-4 can use a 32 Gb card with no problem. That is what I have in mine! I did not know you could install apps on the SD Card. You should reinstall the apps and see if that corrects the problem.
I copied all of the files to my computer hard drive, then formatted my card with the S-4 before I copied all of the files to the new card!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084