Why aren't my emails syncing properly?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Email Won't Sync Properly

Hi, everyone,

My mother's Samsung Galaxy S4 (bought about six months ago) seems to have an issue with emails not synching properly. She seems to only get emails when she does a manual refresh of her specific email application(s). I've tried fiddling around with it and with the settings, but nothing seems to work. Plus, when she does refresh her app(s) and gets those emails, she gets no notifications (i.e., sounds, etc.); which is odd because her sound profile is set to high and her email notifications are turned on in her settings. She'll get emails on her computer and her phone will not follow suit unless she manually refreshes everything.

She has the latest software updates, hasn't downloaded any weird apps, and everything else on the phone seems to be working fine.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I kept fooling around with the "sync" settings but nothing I did seemed to work. Any help would be appreciated!

DH_herts

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I get this with my new Galaxy S4 mini
GT-I9195
Android OS 4.4.2 (a new OS just a week ago)
It just doesn't work unless you keep pressing 'sync' although I've set it to sync every 15 mins every day of the week.
It fails on both regular/normal pop3 accounts and hotmail
The unlock/PIN screen is very unresponsive n too light unless you press the 'back' button n then it turns much darker and actually responds to my key presses.
There seem to be many foibles with this phone and OS.
Can anyone help or do we wait for an updated OS?

tomp123

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Email Won't Sync Properly

I figured out that this is a problem with the update. Thanks Samsung.
The solution that worked for me was to go to setting, more settings, application manager, gmail, uninstall updates.
Email started pushing through again, and I'm getting notifications again.
The only problem I see now is I don't see gmail in the application manager, but google is still there. So I assume
the update separated them out maybe.
Hope this helps.

tomp123

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I figured out that this is a problem with the update. Thanks Samsung.
The solution that worked for me was to go to setting, more settings, application manager, gmail, uninstall updates.
Email started pushing through again, and I'm getting notifications again.
The only problem I see now is I don't see gmail in the application manager, but google is still there. So I assume
the update separated them out maybe.
Hope this helps.