Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the battery dies right away. Is this something I can fix or do I need to go in for an exchange?

A

AC Question

Just bought Samsung galaxy s4 battery dies right away

I just got my phone yesterday let it die from factory 50% charge let that completely die then re charged it like 20 min after to 100% (mind you I had it turned off while charging) I then proceeded to turn on and get to know my phone before I went to bed I hit the lock screen button and fell asleep woke up to my battery life at 38% from 88% before I fell asleep why did this happen? And what do I do? Possible battery issue, apps running if so how do I find these apps running so I can close them to save some sort of battery power but I mean it's a brand new phone just got it yesterday do I need to take it back or can I do this myself can you please give me an answer before I waste my time going somewhere and them do nothing about this get back to me as soon as you can much appreciated hope to hear from you soon concerned Samsung user

Jaymi Gibbs

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
First of all, I have an S4 currently. If the battery is is going drasticly down during the night, just make sure that you just wait to charge it before bed and during you sleep (it is not bad for your phone). Try buying a new battery as it could be a battery problem ($9 from amazon). Try having the place where you bought it look at the phone and maybe you could get a replacement if nessacary. And lastly try 360 Security (highly rated and over 100 million downloads) and you can see what's draining your battery and what's running in the background.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463