Why doesit say download failed everytime i try to download from the internet on my samsung s4?

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have downloaded files and stuff from the internet for so long and 2 weeks ago it just randomly started saying download failed every time I tried to download something. I have tried all sorts to fix this problem. I have reset the internet settings. I have cleared the cache on the internet and the download manager and all the apps on my phone. I tried to download with google chrome and it also said download failed. when updating apps or downloading apps from the play store it works just fine. I have also read that it might be a corrupt SD card so I formatted it and it still wont let me download. my SD card isn't corrupt either as it works fine and I've been using it for awhile without any problems. I just cant figure out what could be causing this.

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes I cleared the data as well as the cache from the download manager. And I also did the same to the internet browser and Downloads as well. l wiped the cache partition too. doesn't seem to have made a difference. /

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, just to clarify--do the downloads fail even when you're downloading to Internal Storage?

ROBYN987

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Here is the real answer....go to settings...open WiFi connections...open mobile data....then choose your correct phone type...example LEG 4 or 2G or 3G then it fixes the problem...you can always go to Google play apps and download smart tutor...open it and agree to let Samsung take over your screen..dial the 880 number on app and from there Samsung will be able to see your screen in real time and can fix any problem you have w your phone..