Messenger Has Wrong Letter Next To My Name: How Do I Change It To The Right Letter?

A

AC Question

Messenger Has Wrong Letter Next To My Name

I have a Samsung X4 Mini running android version 4.4.2. The messenger app on my phone displays the picture or first initial next to text messages that I receive from contacts. However, the letter it has next to my outgoing texts is not an initial in my name. My question is: Where does the messenger app get the letter from, and how do I change it? I gone through all the settings but there doesn't appear to be a setting. I even put myself as a contact in my own contacts folder (which also didn't work).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Messenger Has Wrong Letter Next To My Name

Welcome to Android Central! Which letter is it? Is it "M"? If so, I'd wonder if it's taking that from you being the "Me" contact (which, admittedly, would be really silly).

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I ran into the same problem on my phone. To fix this, just double click the wrong "letter" that is showing next to your text messages and you'll be able to change the name associated with the texts.

I believe the issue arises when you accidentally save your own phone number with someone else's name. It's a weird, annoying quirk.

Cliff Hahn

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
THANK YOU CHRISTOPHER! Annoying problem solved.

I ran into the same problem on my phone. To fix this, just double click the wrong "letter" that is showing next to your text messages and you'll be able to change the name associated with the texts.

I believe the issue arises when you accidentally save your own phone number with someone else's name. It's a weird, annoying quirk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey