Can I view trail camera sd card on a S4?

A

AC Question

Can I view trail camera sd card on s4

I need to view sd card pics on my galaxy s4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I view trail camera sd card on s4

If the card is formatted as FAT32 (or exFAT if it's larger than 32GB) you should be able to. Look for a DCIM folder, and drill down from there.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Correct, I would say yes so long as the card was formatted correctly before you used it in the trail camera. Fat32.

anon(3882976)

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

The card for the trail camera isn't going to fit in the card slot on the S4, at least the ones I've seen use the larger "full size" sd cards. You can still do this with some additional parts.

First you'll need a USB on-the-go adapter/cable like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4677083

then you'll need an adapter/reader to insert your trail camera's usb card into: http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Super...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4677083

Take the card from the trail camera, insert into the reader, connect reader to the USB OTG cable, plug the cable into the S4's USB connection. Then you should be able to access it as an attached drive.

RDCHFS

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site

Yes you can.
You need a micro USB to USB connector cable. Samsung makes one. Then you plug in a multi card reader to the cable. The phone will recognize the new hardware right away.

Now you are ready to view SD card images. Once you are setup, just navigate to the folder "My files" then select "All" then select USB (The contents of your SD card will be located here).

You can also use your Android phone to format the card in FAT32 Format. Just go to phone settings\storage\Format USB OTG storage......OTG = On The Go.

The Micro USB to USB cable should cost $12.00 and the card reader should be between $8.00 and $15.00.

Note: the above file path and procedure might be different depending on which version of Android you have.

Have fun.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE