I dropped my Samsung S4 down the toilet, what should I do?

A

AC Question

I dropped my samsung s4 down the toliet

OKAY so as you know my Samsung s4 fell in the toilet for 3 secs then i got it out.I immediately took it apart completely and blow dried it and left it in rice for 2 days.I put it back to together ,The battery has no signs of wet the white tag on the battery remains white so its fine ,the screen is perfectly fine ,the problem is i charged it for 3 hours it was 60% i come back after 3 hours its completely dead instead of charging my battery drained , what can be wrong? is it the battery ? or the charging port? because everything else is fine ,i tried charging it again for like 2 days it remains dead . TELL ME WHATS WRONG PLEASE i cant buy a new phone atm,THANK YOU.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: I dropped my samsung s4 down the toliet

Hi and welcome to Android Central.

At I guess I would say a short has occurred. This is indicated by the rapid battery drain. While charging any moisture would have got hot and condensation could have built up. You probably should have left it in the rice for a week.

Next step would be to try a new battery, don't try that battery in another phone, just in case it is shorted out.