Why can't I get e-mail on my Samsung Galaxy 4G?

A

AC Question

Can't get e-mail on my Samsung Galaxy 4G

I cannot receive e-mails on my Samsung Galaxy 4G phone. My e-mail account settings were recently changed on my computer which operates with Windows Vista Home Basic and Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook. When I try to add the same information to my phone so that the information syncs, I get the message, "Cannot connect to server. (POP3STAT). The e-mail account is an IMAP and the incoming server setting is "imap-mail.outlook.com". Is there a problem with that? Should the settings for the computer and the phone be the same? Any help you can give will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Judy Kunz

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't get e-mail on my Samsung Galaxy 4G

Welcome to Android Central! The server settings need to match, so make sure the incoming and outgoing server settings are correct. To edit them, open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account, and look for the option to edit the server settings.

As an aside, you should really look into upgrading your Windows system. Windows Vista is extremely out of date, is no longer supported by Microsoft in terms of security updates, and therefore leaves you wide open to malware and cyber attacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze