My S4 is shutting off completely randomly even when fully charged? And it can't be the battery...

yosammyy

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
So I've been having this consistent issue with my phone now for about a month. My phone wasn't holding a charge, losing a charge quicker than it should and randomly turning off even when there is still battery left.
After looking online I saw that this issue meant a needed a new battery. Fine, no problem.
However, after buying one of the top rated batteries (anker brand), I still ran into the same problem.
I popped the new battery in and it was already slightly charge to a 40 something percent, assumed it was sent that way.
I turned it on and I was able to use it for a whole 3 minutes before it completely shut off without warning and now wont charge or turn on at all.
So my question is, what now?
What do you guys think?
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To be sure, charge that new battery up to 100% first, then try using the phone normally. If it still shuts down prematurely, then there might be a problem with the Power button (or worse yet, the motherboard). That would require a trip to a repair shop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy