Why does the new Snapchat update not work on my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

why does new snapchat update not work on my galaxy s4

the new update will not work as in the lenses effects will not work on my phone but will let me pay to replay snaps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does new snapchat update not work on my galaxy s4

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps, select Snapchat, and Clear Cache. Also, have you emailed the support team about it? support@snapchat.com

DaleF123

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

Same here! Snapchat has said that it won't work on older android devices "due to technical limitations", but surely this can't include the S4? I hope they find a way to implement it soon!

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Actually, the new SC version with the weird facial stuff does not work with the NEWER android 5.0 or higher devices. Weird, i know.

Brandy Hartman

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I have an s4 also and 2 friends with s5's and theres dont work either! have cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled it, I checked and made sure I had an up to day date phone (5.0 or higher) (you can make sure your phone is up to date to go to settings>more>about device> android version) and I tried signing in and out and even restarting my phone and nothing works. My other friend with and iPhone updated and it worked right away! I feel it's phone favoritism... I hate iPhones... just saying

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an s4 also and 2 friends with s5's and theres dont work either! have cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled it, I checked and made sure I had an up to day date phone (5.0 or higher) (you can make sure your phone is up to date to go to settings>more>about device> android version) and I tried signing in and out and even restarting my phone and nothing works. My other friend with and iPhone updated and it worked right away! I feel it's phone favoritism... I hate iPhones... just saying

LOL I'm with ya....everyone I know with iPhones have theirs working. :(

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I deleted the app, cleared the cache partition and reinstalled. Now it's working for me. 😜

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
how do you clear the cache after uninstalling the app?

never mind...i googled it and found out in 10 seconds haha

Press and hold the volume up, home button and power button until the green android icon appears. Then let go of buttons. A screen will come up... Use the volume down button to scroll down and select "clear cache partition" then use the power button to select that option. Clearing only takes a second or two. Then use volume down to select reboot.
Phone will reboot and that's it. Hope this explains it okay

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

John Rivera3

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
This is some true BS. It says in Google play it only works for newer phones so I checked and it says you must have android 5.0 or higher for this to work. I have the galaxy S4 running 5.0.1 so I know I'm definitely eligible for this. I just literally used the filters this morning and they worked perfectly so why now won't they load or anything? I can't get them at all yet people keep snapping me with the new filters. Ugh I hope they fix this soon.

Kyrstine Glover

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Press and hold the volume up, home button and power button until the green android icon appears. Then let go of buttons. A screen will come up... Use the volume down button to scroll down and select "clear cache partition" then use the power button to select that option. Clearing only takes a second or two. Then use volume down to select reboot.
Phone will reboot and that's it. Hope this explains it okay

Posted from my Galaxy Note

What will happen

alyssakitty

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

Actually, Snapchat has not made the update for android yet, so it's only for apple products right now which sucks