Why can't I turn on my Google photos auto backup on in one of my cell phones?

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
why I cannot turn on my google photos auto backup on in one of my cell phones?

I have two cell phones (Samsung Galaxy S4) and one tablet. Everything was ok until recently when one of my cell phones stopped to syncronize my photos. When I go to google phote>auto backup settings it shows as it is off. Then I click to turn it on but if I go back it switches off again. What is wrong? This is happening in one cell phone, the other is working perfectly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why I cannot turn on my google photos auto backup on in one of my cell phones?

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Photos and Google Photos Backup are checked on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that's what I originally thought you meant. That's why I suggested going to your System Settings, then Accounts>Google, then select your Google account. Make sure Google Photos and Google Photos Backup are checked on. If you don't have those components set to sync, then the Auto Backup switch in the Google Photos settings menu might not stay on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to the App Manager, selecting the Photos app, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again, and see if it syncs correctly.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Before you factory reset ,delete your Google account on the iffy phone. Shut it down, restart and add your account make sure the backup box for the pictures is selected and force a sync.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I already have the latest firmware installed. Any other suggestions or will I need to perform a factory reset?

I was suggesting to reinstall the firmware, not upgrade. Firmware can sometimes get messed up, so a fresh reinstall can correct it. I know that it's possible to reinstall using Kies, but not sure about Smart Switch.