Quality of cables?

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am on vacation now. Be back in few days. Anyhow I broke my micro cables and today had no way to charge since I am on vacation. So I ran to CVS and got a generic flat micro usb cable. It works great. But I didn't bring my galaxy S4 charger with me. Even with that I downloaded galaxy charge current free app. It says max 1900 mah.. First of all is 2000mah not 1900. Second of all galaxy charge current app says charging 1200 mah not 1900 or 2000. Do I need official samsung cables to get 1900 mah.

And second of all I thought micro was micro. What does the quality of cable matter. Charge is charge. I got a clearance insignia 2.4 amp charger from bestbuy for 10 bucks. But it says charging 760 m-amps. Not even close to 2amp or 2.4amp. And with an extension usb cable goes down to 660 m-amps. Don't know why an extension matters. But even without straight not even close to two amps. And with a different cable its higher. Even my alarm ihome alarm clock is 1200ma max. But after plugging it into a white iphone brick to try it jumped upto 860. And then back to 840 when I plugged it into my black insignia. Why is it all over the place. And why don't I ever get 1900mah. And why it matter if I switch cables. Isn't micro all the same.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not all cables work with all phones nor work with all chargers. I have had to experiment with cables and chargers to find the right combination to charge my phone or tablet at a high rate. I have had good luck with the SAMSUNG chargers and cables. They can be found on Ebay for a reasonable price.

The phone talks to the charger through the cable and tells the charger how much current it can handle. The plug on the cable for the phone end is actually an 11 pin plug and a micro plug is only 5 pins. They both fit the same socket but the 11 pin can carry more information with the extra wires. Anything over 500 mah will charge your phone overnight. I hope this information helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech