My Galaxy S4 is turning off and I am not able to switch it on until I remove the battery or connect to a charger. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

My Galaxy S4 is turning off and not able to switch on until i remove baterry or connect to charger.

my phone is rooted and i tried a number of ROMs in my phone. With all ROMs i have faced this issue. when opening some applications, phone is getting switched off. (with lolipop s4 rom, opening camera cause this. then i tried cyanogen 12 then opening music player, uber cause this illness). And once it got switched off, then i can turn on only by remove and put battery into it or connect with a charger. Even if i removed and put battery again, with in seconds it will turn off again. this will continue till battery drains off..:(. But if i turn on with connecting charger, it is not turning off again.
Have anyone faced this issue..? someone please help me to resolve this.. thanks...

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy S4 is turning off and not able to switch on until i remove baterry or connect to charg

That sounds like a weak battery. If the phone is over a year old that could be suspect!

Be sure it is getting fully charged. There should be a lightening bolt in the battery icon when charging and show 100% when charged

Last edited: