What is MDNSD? It is using a lot of my battery!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been needing a recharge before the day is over so I looked to see what apps are running. I found something with a black android icon named MDNSD What is this? It is using 30% of my battery, A google search turned up nothing!

Extraclass

Last edited:

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I played with the solutions on the link last night and was unable to get rid of the problem. It showed it was using 30% of my battery. Looked around on the internet again this morning and checked my phone, It was gone! I was on a cruise last week and probably picked it up on the ship!

I will keep checking to see if it comes back!

BTW I think I must have misspelled the name when I googled last night. I entered the correct name and got lots of information.

3margie

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is MDNSD? It is using a lot of my ba

I worked with Verizon yesterday. I had the same issue. I backed up everything to the Verizon Cloud and then did a factory reset. It worked - the mdnsd disappeared.:)

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is MDNSD? It is using a lot of my ba

That app disappeared off of my phone after 1 week and has not returned. It is still on the phone but it is not running and you have to have root access to remove it! I think I got it on a cruise ship when I downloaded the plan of the day! I hope it stays gone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz