Why won't my Android download group messages?

A

AC Question

Why won't my android download group messages?

So my wife and I both have unlocked Galaxy S4 phones, using Straight Talk as our provider. My wife has the most current android update and I still have 4.4.2 version. We both also use the stock messaging app. We have received group texts just fine before, but now neither of us can receive them. It tells us which person sent a text, and shows the option to download their message, but never actually downloads them.

We have cleared out extra cache from all our apps, and the problem exists regardless of whether we are on WiFi or using mobile data. (Our mobile data is turned on, and group messages is turned on as well).

We both have been able to use group messaging in the past with no problem, only recently have neither of us been able to...

Any knowledgeable suggestions?

pcguywilson

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I created an account to post here and say this is happening to alot of people. There is a discussion on reddit right now and on the straight talk forums. I cant give you links since my account is new but can PM them if needed. You should be able to find on google, just search for stuff from the last week. No one has a solution and between calling the customer service and the straight talk employees on the forum no actual progress has been made. They keep requesting to take the conversation offline and no one has reported back with a working solution, however I encourage you to post on the ST forums hoping if enough people speak up saying they have issues, Straight Talk will fix the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol