Is there any way to disable Facebook notifications to my phone?

dexi39

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
This wasn't a problem until about a month and a half ago. I've had the fb app installed on my phone since I bought it, but suddenly awhile back, I started getting all of my notifications. It's annoying and I assume it also dings my charge. Maybe this happened during some update? In any case, I made sure push notifications were turned off in the app. I had my tech-savvy nephew look at it, but he just checked to see that my notifications in the app were turned off. I took it into my carrier, and they couldn't do anything, either. I want to continue getting notifications ON fb...I just don't need to know I have them until I open it. Is there some intricate, secret, freaking CIA way to turn them off, or is their presence just an unfortunate byproduct of my having given fb permission to completely run my life?

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So when you open Facebook, click the three horizontal bars icon in the top right corner, go down to App Settings, click on Notifications, the switch up in the top blue section is OFF (to the left)?

If so, get out of Facebook, pull down your notifications shade, click the Gear icon in the top right corner of the screen (Settings), scroll down to Applications, then click on Application Manager. Scroll down to Facebook. Click on it. Uncheck "Show Notifications".

That should do it.