G S4, Voice to text wouldn't turn off, caused entire phone to mute. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

G S4, Voice to text wouldn't turn off, caused entire phone to mute

My mom is tech challenged and has messed up the samsung galaxy S4 that I just gave her last month. She uses google voice to text all the time since she suffers from migraines and is disabled. The quotes below are what her messages to me state. I'm trying to find an answer for her without making her reset the phone completely since I had to set it up for her in the first place and she is out of state. HELP PLEASE!?!

"I try to use hands-free mode last night because my migraine was so bad and then it wouldn't stop so I spent 3 hours making time to get it to stop and somehow got it to stop but now I have no sound on I can't get the phone to ring I can't receive calls and I can't answer any calls no one can hear me when the phone rings they can't hear me at all and I don't know what to do... I restarted it a couple times during the process of trying to turn the thing off of hands-free and it wouldn't work it was some button I pushed after hands-free... When this first happened I googled it and they said it was a problem with the Samsung 4 and they wanted me to download a Root Explorer file manager and install it and then do all this stuff and rename programs and all that gugl ago and I just thought no that's not the right way... so I skipped that process... That's when I just went back into settings and started pushing every button I could think of and just kept doing it and doing it
I could tell it has a glitch so because after I had turned the hands-free option off it just kept acting like it was on"

Anyone heard of this issue or know what she pushed? How can this be fixed without a reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: G S4, Voice to text wouldn't turn off, caused entire phone to mute

Make sure that setting is turned off. Then go to Settings>Sound and Notifications​, and make sure the Ringtone volume is turned up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol