Installing Apps in Safemode, what happens?

A

AC Question

Installing Apps in Safemode

Hi I currently have a S4 from Koodo that's rooted running 4.4.2 (but still running TouchWiz).

Out of the blue I've been experiencing a really strange type of lag where certain tasks don't update properly. For example the clock widget on my home screen would sometimes lag behind the real system time by 5 minutes (could be more or less). Another example would be if I were to pause the music using the in-line controls on the headphones, it wouldn't pause until some arbitrary amount of time later.

I tried to disable all the apps that use root access like greenify, Xposed frameworks and its modules but that didn't work. I also cleared the cache partition from the recovery screen but that didn't work either. Right now I'm trying to figure out the problem by going into safemode but the issue is I can't access any non system apps (like my music player since it is the most consistent way to reproduce the symptoms) to diagnose the problem.

My question is what would happen if I went into the playstore and installed an app from safemode? Is that going to cause problems? Thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Installing Apps in Safemode

Hi I currently have a S4 from Koodo that's rooted running 4.4.2 (but still running TouchWiz).

Out of the blue I've been experiencing a really strange type of lag where certain tasks don't update properly. For example the clock widget on my home screen would sometimes lag behind the real system time by 5 minutes (could be more or less). Another example would be if I were to pause the music using the in-line controls on the headphones, it wouldn't pause until some arbitrary amount of time later.

I tried to disable all the apps that use root access like greenify, Xposed frameworks and its modules but that didn't work. I also cleared the cache partition from the recovery screen but that didn't work either. Right now I'm trying to figure out the problem by going into safemode but the issue is I can't access any non system apps (like my music player since it is the most consistent way to reproduce the symptoms) to diagnose the problem.

My question is what would happen if I went into the playstore and installed an app from safemode? Is that going to cause problems? Thanks!

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you running a ROM that was put together by a developer or is it the stock OS that you just rooted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy