How do I use the smart switch app on my galaxy S6 to retrieve content from my Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

How do I use the "smart switch" app on my galaxy S6 to retrieve content from my galaxy S4?

I have the "smart switch" app installed on both phones, but:

1) some, but not all, of my music and photos were copied onto to S6 at initial setup;

2) it seems all of the apps on my S4 were copied onto my S6, but the content was not transferred. For example, by I had a lot of books on my "Kindle" app, but they were not transferred to the S6. Is there any way to retrieve them?

3) Do I need any special cables or connections to accomplish the transfer from the S4 to the S6?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

RogMoore

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I use the "smart switch" app on my galaxy S6 to retrieve content from my galaxy S4?

You need to watch the Video tutorial on YouTube.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I use the "smart switch" app on my galaxy S6 to retrieve content from my galaxy S4?

I have the "smart switch" app installed on both phones, but:

1) some, but not all, of my music and photos were copied onto to S6 at initial setup;

2) it seems all of the apps on my S4 were copied onto my S6, but the content was not transferred. For example, by I had a lot of books on my "Kindle" app, but they were not transferred to the S6. Is there any way to retrieve them?

3) Do I need any special cables or connections to accomplish the transfer from the S4 to the S6?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

You should be able to just hook the S4 up to your PC and move the files out of the Kindle app folder to the new S6 Kindle app folder. As far as the app data, I do not think that Smart Switch moves the actual app data just the app itself.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon