Will any pair of headphones work?

dheian

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
My friend gave me her old sim-less AT&T Galaxy S4 in September. Since I have a dirt cheap non-smartphone plan, I basically use it as a mini-tablet.

I've tried plugging several sets of MP3 player headphones in and nothing works. Should the S4 work with any ol' headphones or does it need to be a headset type with the mic and volume controls?

Just looked at the manual in the sticky and couldn't see anything about it.

Thanks.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Generic off the shelf headphones should work. I have never found anything that didn't. If the phone is in a case be sure the headset cable is plugging all the way in to the body of the phone! Most cases do not have a hole big enough for the headphone plug to seat all the way in. Remove the case and try the headphone that way!
If you want to use a headset with a microphone. it can get a little more complicated.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you want to use headphones with a mic and volume controls, FF/RW then you should avoid anything that is designed for iPhones. Most of the headphones that say designed for iPhone or designed for iOS use Apple's proprietary wiring and the controls won't work properly on anything other than Apple products.

dheian

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Yep it was the darn case preventing the plug going all the way in. Guess I could try shaving that part down a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia