Google play question.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I use to have all my music available on Google play music even though my music is on the sd card. Since I took my sd card out & put it in the computer only my Google play music show in the Google music app & about 2-3 songs from one album. The only way to access all my music is to go into the stock music app. How can I get all my music to show on Google music again?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean that you downloaded music directly to the SD card using the Google Play Music app? Or is all of that music copied over from elsewhere, like from your computer?

When you plug the card back into your phone, go to the Google Play Music app's settings, and tap Refresh Music. Does that make a difference?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I pressed refresh & it didn't do anything. The music I downloaded from Google music I've made sure they download on to my sd card via the app but the music that's not appearing is all my music from iTunes that I got on to the sd card via Samsung smart switch nearly 2 years ago now. Don't remember doing anything with the sd card when it was in the computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you swipe in from the left and turn the Downloaded Only switch on, does it still not show that missing music?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
If you swipe in from the left and turn the Downloaded Only switch on, does it still not show that missing music?

Done that & it still doesn't show up. Do you think taking the sd card out then re inserting it would help?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought you did that already. You might try running media.Re.Scan to force the system's Media Scanner to rescan the card.

Will download that app when the internet is back up & running. Decided it wasn't gonna work last night. Using mobile data at the moment & it's getting low. Tried turning my phone off & on last night & also took the sd card out & nothing still the same. Hoping the internet will work soon & I'll give that app a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek