Samsung S4 need to get pictures off, how can I?

A

AC Question

Samsung s4 need to get pictures off

hey guys i have a samsung s4 that is encrypted and i recently broke the screen. now i can't enter the password to decrypt so i can connect to usb and get my photos off.

any suggestions please

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung s4 need to get pictures off

I highly doubt it. When you connect the phone to a computer, it normally connects as a media device, at which time you have to pull down the notification shade to switch it to MTP or PTP. If you're stuck on the password screen there's no way to switch it. Some tablets (like my own) will automatically switch to MTP, so maybe if you're lucky, you might get in if it'll bypass the password somehow. Have you tried connecting the phone to a computer to see what happens?

The bad part about encryption is that it's tied to the phone/password. Even if you were to pull the files off, you probably won't be able to open them because they'll still be encrypted. You may have to get your phone fixed before you can save your files.

NoFeaR250

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

interestingly enough it does try to connect as mtp but the driver fails to install. ya i have tried a few things that i could think of i tried using android control to no avail as well. since it's encrypted at boot before android so it didn't work. i'll just have to wait to get the screen fixed.

edit1- I am OP just wasn't logged in.

NoFeaR250

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

interestingly enough it does try to connect as mtp but the driver fails to install. ya i have tried a few things that i could think of i tried using android control to no avail as well. since it's encrypted at boot before android so it didn't work. i'll just have to wait to get the screen fixed.

edit1- I am OP just wasn't logged in.

NoFeaR250

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

it says mtp failed. using windows 7 and ya those are my thoughts. no other way to get past encryption without a screen fix.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm guessing you've connected your phone to your computer before? In any event, in case you haven't, I'll give you a run down...

Win7 requires...

1) Samsung USB drivers
2) Windows Media Player 11, or at least the distribution files
3) Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework

Win7 should have #2 and #3 already present, unless you uninstalled WMP or killed the service for the User mode. With all three, Windows should detect the phone and access the phone. Might all be redundant... especially if you already knew this.

NoFeaR250

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

thanks for the info i went through a made sure i had all of those. all drivers are installed
kies trys to connect to it but can't. mtp fails. everything about the phone seems to work fine it just won't let me at the data... well i guess my data is safe atleest :). thanks for all the help but i will just have to wait to get my screen repaired.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie