S4 will not charge and will not turn off?

susanla99

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
My 2 and a half year old S4 recently started displaying major battery issues. My battery is OEM and came with the phone so it is showing its age. Two days ago, my phone was at 2% so I rushed to go get it charging. I plugged it into the wall and left it alone to charge. 30 minutes later, I come back to a phone that had not charged a single bit. The charging symbol was there but it remained at 2%. I turned off the phone completely and let it sit again, but to no avail. It wasn't until I unplugged it and tried another charging cable that it starting charging; however, it was charging strangely slower. I let it charge overnight, but when I checked it in the morning, the battery had charged to 98%. This was strange, as a 9 hour charge would surely charge all the way to full.

That afternoon, I charged my battery again as my phone battery drains incredibly fast (I'm used to it) since I haven't changed the battery in years. Same problem happened again, and I repeated the same steps as above, with my phone on though. I did not touch or use the phone at all while it was charging. All my background apps were closed and my phone was on mute. This time, I woke up to a battery that was only charged at 66%. While I was using my phone, the battery drained 1% every minute and a half or so, while it was still plugged in. I even tried different charging cables and a portable external battery. Wanting to conserve what little battery I had, I turned off my phone. But, and this is the weird part, as soon as my phone turns off, it reboots again. I didn't touch it or turn it on, but it turned on automatically as if I had pressed restart instead of turn off. This would happen each time I tried to turn it off and my battery continued to drain. I currently have no way of charging or turning off my phone and it is slowly dying as it is at 17% right now. I presume this is a battery issue and I have ordered a new one which is on its way. Though, it may take up to a week and I can't not have my phone with me for that long. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what the issue is?

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I would believe the battery is dead with charging or age if it is 2-1/2 years old. The first thing I would do is replace the battery! Let us know how it works out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01