My Samsung Galaxy S4 turns on and the blue light blinks but the screen turns on. What could I do?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy s4 turns on and the blue light blinks but the screen turns on

I dropped my phone and the screen went green then turned off on its own. When I turn it on the screen doesn't show anything but the blue led light stays on for a few seconds then blinks constantly. Can you please tell me if its broke or not or what I could do?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy s4 turns on and the blue light blinks but the screen turns on

Hello & Welcome to Android Central Forum!

Its most unfortunate that yes, the phone's LCD has lost connection due to the drop! Not sure how brave you are, but Its POSSIBLE that the cable connector just came unplugged, and if you know how to take the phone apart, this could save you some money. Below, I've provided a tear down. If you have the means to take it to a repair, I would suggest that first.

If you do decide to check the cable....in the below video, you'll see when he takes it apart, he separates the two pieces, and sets them down next to each other, pause the video at the point when he goes to remove the first screw. With it paused, You'll see the Gold Colored Cable Connector, that has an "S" on it (On the right side)......thats' the cable for the screen. Make sure its seated properly.

Remember, do this only if the other option would be to sell as scrap, or before you put in garbage. Not recommended if you have other options.

Hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5a5DIqmg8

Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Galaxy s4 turns on and the blue light blinks but the screen turns on

Welcome to Android Central! When you try to power the phone one, does it vibrate or make any sounds? If it does, then only the screen is broken, and needs to be replaced. If it doesn't make any sounds or vibrations, there might also be damage to the motherboard. Either way, you'd need to bring it to a repair shop to figure it out.

EDIT: H3aTeRzz beat me to the punch!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox