GS4 shut off yesterday and can't even start properly now

ChokingVictim

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
It was just sitting on my desk yesterday when I try to turn it on and it won't work. I pulled the battery out and now when I try to turn it on, it gets stuck on the words or the blue swirl. I can't get it into the recovery boot or safe mode, the only thing i can do is the custom firmware thing but I don't know if I need to download anything or what, it just stays on that screen. Last night I kept trying to start it and one time it finally got all the way to loading my home wallpaper, but 3 seconds later it restarted. i had it insured for $6 a month and the carrier is giving me a bs $200 deductible for a refurbished one, while boost mobile offers them brand new for $180. I d on't know if I can fix this myself or go to a repair store or if it's fixable at all. I am also considering upgrading, all I know is I'm not paying $200 for something so obsolete.

ChokingVictim

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Already having a problem on the first step. Kies refuses to acknowledge the model number, typed exactly as it is on the box, and behind the battery. I even downloaded the other version to make sure

ChokingVictim

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
OK so after trying lots and lots of different things, I finally managed to access the recovery boot menu. So far I wiped the cache and deleted all user data, but I am still having the problem. I have no idea what to even do now, every single guide and everyone who has had this problem says the phone should be working properly now.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Providing that your Galaxy S4 model is the carrier minority variant, M919N, for Metro-PCS, (part of T-Mobile USA), then you should be able to successfully flash the following firmware via Odin by carefully following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.5 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?. The firmware will only work on that model of phone...

Model SGH-M919N
Model name GALAXY S4
Country USA (T-Mobile)
Version Android 4.4.4
Changelist 6281449
Build date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 06:06:17 +0000
Security Patch Level N/A
Product code TMB
PDA M919NUVUFOK3
CSC M919NTMBFOK3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics