Why does my Direct Dial shortcut disappear after a software update?

A

AC Question

Direct Dial shortcut disappears after software updates

This is driving me nuts. Ever since a security update installed a month ago, any direct dial shortcuts or web url shortcuts on my home screen disappears after updates are installed. To verify this, I turned off automatic updates, added a direct dial shortcut to my home screen, then manually ran an update on a random application. As soon as the installation was complete, the direct dial shortcut disappeared. I did this test several times, so it definitely has something to do with the software update process. Any idea on how to stop this behavior?

This is happening on a US Cellular Galaxy S4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Do other widgets disappear, or only the Direct Dial?

It might be worth reinstalling the firmware using Kies or Smart Switch.

JimS196

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
This has been happening on my S4 from USCC, just direct dial and contacts widgets disappearing shortly after I add them. Started after the upgrade, and USCC has no answer.

bdcoach

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Direct Dial shortcut disappears after software updates

This is driving me nuts. Ever since a security update installed a month ago, any direct dial shortcuts or web url shortcuts on my home screen disappears after updates are installed. To verify this, I turned off automatic updates, added a direct dial shortcut to my home screen, then manually ran an update on a random application. As soon as the installation was complete, the direct dial shortcut disappeared. I did this test several times, so it definitely has something to do with the software update process. Any idea on how to stop this behavior?

This is happening on a US Cellular Galaxy S4.

I am having the very same issue as you ever since I did the update.
Rebooted and whipped

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood