Phone won't turn on / fully boot. I need help ASAP

ernieswift13

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
So my phone NOT rooted and is majorly cracked around the area where the gesture sensor and selfie camera is, but other than that, there is no obvious major damage to the phone. Mind you, I'm no electrician and just a basic high school junior, so I really wouldn't know. Anyway, Wednesday morning, I noticed my phone had shut off completely while charging, and whenever I would try to turn it on, the "Samsung Galaxy S4" logo would show up, but it would turn off right after. Before this, the phone still had about 70% of charge. I left it alone thinking it might have been something minor and then hours later was shortly able to fully boot it only once, but it shut off after about 5-10 minutes. And after that it would only boot to the Samsung logo, freeze and then shut off. I was eventually able to boot in safe mode but after it got to the lock screen, it shut off. I then tried to boot in recovery mode and wipe the cache, but it froze when the blue recovery mode text showed up in the corner of the screen. After extensive research, I came to the conclusion that my power switch might be faulty, and that I would need to replace it, or take it off the board completely. I opened up the phone but noticed no obvious damage to the motherboard or power switch. was wondering if anyone here has any experience in this or any suggestions as to what I can do. I really need a working phone ASAP, so any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

ernieswift13

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: About an hour and a half after I posted this thread, my phone randomly turned on and this time it even made it to the T-mobile screen before it rebooted itself, before eventually being stuck on the Samsung screen again, which almost confirms my suspicion of a faulty power switch. Any other input though would really help a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey