Galaxy I9515 keeps restarting

Iks11

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys,
I own my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9515 (Value Edition) for about 2 years and since a few months I've been experiencing annoying issue: phone started to get restarted by itself. Sometimes it restarted just once or twice and started to work for few days, but then it restarted over and over again in the same time, like in the 'restarting loop' so I was not able to launch it in the end. Sometimes, but not always, taking the battery away helped, but few times even this didn't help as so I had to either reset the phone to factory settings (wipe) or even install the official Samsung software from scratch (using Odin for example). After such reinstallation it was working for few hours, but as soon as I managed to install all my apps it started to restart again.
Finally I decided to return the phone to official Samsung store for guarantee repair. First time, they told me the issue doesn't happen in their service so they only reinstalled the software (what I also did myself before). The same day when I got my phone back, I restored my apps from Google Play and it started to be restarting again. Because of that, I return the phone to Samsung again. This time they told me the same, that the problem didn't happen during their tests, but they advised me to buy a new battery as with the current one phone seems not to work correctly. So I bought brand new, original Samsung battery, restored my Google account on the phone again, and... It happened again, phone has restated for 10 times during one hour :-(

Do you have any idea why may this happen? Or how can I check what is happening? Does Android store some logs somewhere to see why it crashes and restarts?
I suspected two things:
1. Memory card - I thought memory card could make it happening, as to Samsung I gave the phone without it, but I tested it yesterday with no sd card and the same happened.
2. Apps - as I mentioned before, every time I reinstall the software I add my Google Account and apps start to be installed from Google Play, and mostly after that phone starts restarting again. But how can I check that which app is causing that? On the other hand it would be weird, as I'm using my Google Account on the other Android phone with the same apps and nothing bad happens.

Maybe you have any other idea, would be appreciated, because neither me nor Samsung official service couldn't solve this issue.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11724

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

When you do a factory reset, the way to prevent apps from automatically reinstalling is to go immediately to the Play Store after finishing the Setup Wizard, and stopping the installations there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers