Why can't I change Write Protection?

A

AC Question

Why cant I change Write Protection?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, From Verizon. I have recently run in the a problem with my micro SD card. I cannot delete anything off my SD card nor can I make new folders.

I've tried to use the apps: My Files, File Manager by Asus, Total Commander and an app that was too good to be true named Int-SDCard Write Fix.

Of course with the Asus File Manager and Total Commander I did go into the settings and give the apps permission to access my SD card, But so far nothing has worked.

I even tried Air Droid but that didn't fair well either. I also tried connecting it to my Windows 7 64Bit PC but that still gave me the write protection error. I also then tried to change my registry but that didn't do it either.

After that I checked for that sliding lever on the side of the card but it didn't have the lever.

Can someone help me?

BlooDFalleN

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why cant I change Write Protection?

I actually made this post but forgot to login to my account.

I downloaded that program you said to try but the program wont recognize my phone, I'm trying to do this from my phone while its connected to my computer. I'm not sure why but it seems that my phone has a connection problem and is sometimes not seen by my computer when its plugged into it.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

You need to do this procedure with the SD card removed from the phone and inserted in a card reader. Sorry for not making that clear

BlooDFalleN

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

Oh man, Alright thank you for your help. I will pick up an adapter for my SD card.

Can it be anyone? Do you have any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21