Music folders misplaced within S4 music player?? :(

befuddlement

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi there all. I have seen a few posts on this site regarding music not showing up in the S4 galaxys music player. I have a more particular problem related to that..

If I drag an itunes purchase or CD I have ripped over to my S4's SD card I then go to my music player and look under subheadings of Album, Artists, and folders.. everytime I want something im looking for I have to go to folders because if I look under Artists I could click on an artist who I have 5 albums of and it will only show 2.. or if I look under albums it might only show 3 if I know the specific name of the album.. to have access to everything I have to look under "Folders", which is very tedious with the rather large music collection I have accumalated at this point, it can take endless scrolling which obviously can get annoying.

How can I get every album to come under Artists when I click on a particular Artist so that all the albums show and not just 1 or 2, so that I dont have to scroll through folders and folders to get to what im looking for?..

If I go to the tags in my itunes collection often these albums that arent showing under artists do in fact have the band name in the box for artist...

There must be a way to correct all this, I have considered mp3tag but dont see how it will help if some of these albums already have the corect name for artist in the itunes tag, for example; Deftones - Around the Fur and No Koi Yokan albums show when I click on artist Deftones under artists tab in my s4 music player, however to find 3 other albums that are missing from that Artist folder I have to go through the albums tab or folders tab which is longer and even more tedious.

I hope what I said makes sense.. any help would be greatly appreciated with correcting this.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Make sure that the album artist tag is correct. Personally I would use a better music manager than iTunes. Have a look at mediamonkey. It's a lot more flexible and faster than iTunes.

befuddlement

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I have double checked the tags of a couple albums that arent showing up under the artists folder in the music player but they are all fine.

Cant seem to find a version of media monkey for mac, either way I am not sure if that would resolve it, something tells me it might be samsung music player thats the problem, maybe there is a better music player that is better? one that will allow my music to show in the places I want it to.....

It is not like my music is not being transferred it is just that I have to go to folders to look for any albums that will not show up under the artists folder.

Like I said there are 3 folders in samsung music player on the s4, ALBUMS, ARTISTS, and FOLDERS.

Dont know what else I could try tbh.. :confused: