Someone else's calendar synced to my phone!

prescottchels

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 & I did a factory reset yesterday. Prior to that I made sure that the backup & sync function for my calendar was operating. Today when I went to add something to my calendar I noticed events on days where there shouldn't have been anything & no events on days there should! When I started looking it seems to me that my sister's partner's calendar has synced with my phone & I have none of my own calendar entries. Help. How do I get rid of all of his stuff & get mine? I tried clicking on sync but it doesn't seem to do anything...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to your calendar's menu and select CALENDARS TO DISPLAY, which ones are being displayed? If you disable any, which one makes the events disappear?

Unfortunately to know how to remove them you first need to know how they were sync'd to your phone. It can come from another Google account, if your Google account is used in someone else's phone with a calendar also syncing to your account, or from the Samsung account if it restored settings and calendars when you re-set up the phone. Might be coming from an e-mail app (Outlook, Exchange accounts, etc.).

prescottchels

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
You're awesome!
I had no idea I could select different calendars from a menu I didn't know existed lol
So his google calendar is linked (to me through my google acct) to a business that we sort of all share so I guess that's how his calendar was an option, but I'm not sure how to get my stuff back (or if I can...). All the other calendar options are check marked. Thoughts on that? And I hit sync after I unchecked the unwanted calendar.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is your Google Account with your events synced to the phone? Check the Google Calendar site (calendar.google.com) and log in with your Google Account. Are the events you're missing there? If not, then your events, unfortunately, were not being saved to your Google account and hence won't sync because they're not saved in the cloud. Maybe they were saved locally to the phone, and if you did a factory reset, those would have been also deleted. Or maybe you were saving them to a different account?