How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

Can anyone advice how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S4? I don't know to which network it's locked to. I don't know how to check it.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If it's locked to a network, you will have all the bloatware from that network in the device, preinstalled usually... Stick a sim in it and see what it says.
In settings, about device, connections... Poke around on there and you should find available networks or similar... Network operators... Something like that with the info there...

la chupacabra

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
If it's locked to a network, you will have all the bloatware from that network in the device, preinstalled usually... Stick a sim in it and see what it says.
In settings, about device, connections... Poke around on there and you should find available networks or similar... Network operators... Something like that with the info there...

When I insert o2 card it says:
"Invalid SIM card
Network locked SIM card inserted"
After it asks to type SIM network unlock PIN

So 2 things:
1. How can I check to which network this phone is locked?
2. How can I unlock it?

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
the sim is network locked, it should be written on the sim what network it belongs to. The sim will work on its own network, that can't be changed, the device can be unlocked under some conditions. The service provider may give you a code to unlock the device if it's not encumbered.

la chupacabra

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
the sim is network locked, it should be written on the sim what network it belongs to.
Do you mean sim card is network locked? The SIM that I want to use is o2. How can I verify to which network S4 is locked to? Without buying bunch of different sim cards and trying them one by one

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The sim belongs to one network and it should be written on it who that is.
The phone.. Go to settings... Connections... Mobile networks...
You should have something like "telstra mobile" or similar. That's what your phone is locked to.
Usually the network have their logo and bloat in locked devices.. Do you have anything like that in yours, especially when you turn it on...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21