Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314
Like Tree73Likes

Default Re: Best Galaxy S5 Cases

Quote Originally Posted by BethJason View Post
    Opinions wanted! I just got an S5 and need a case asap. I am hard on my phone. It's my personal and business line and my kids love to use the phone too. I throw it into bags/purses all the time. I drop it weekly...at least. I had an Otterbox commuter on my last phone but could use something a bit more grippy. Hubby really wants me to get the Otterbox Defender but it's SO bulky. I benefit from the dust/dirt protection with the covered ports but also find it annoying to open them. Considering the Otterobox Defender, Otterbox Symmetry and the Spigen Tough Armor. Not sure if Spigen Tough Armor is just as good as the Defender from protecting the phone and it's inners from falls. I certainly like how Otterbox stands by their product. Thoughts? Recos?
    I have the Otterbox Symmetry and it's one of my favorite cases. I can't compare how grippy it is compared to the Commuter series, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh Isarockin View Post
    I have the Otterbox Defender. It is sometimes difficult to swipe my fingerprint with anything else in either hand. The charge port is easy to use and requires no tools to open. I am happy with it overall.

Purchasing smartphones with latest features is not enough.Now a days we are getting mobiles with latest features and technology. At the same time we have to take care of smartphones from damages & scratches.

Some of the best Galaxy S5 cases are:
    TYLT Energi Sliding Power Case
    PureGear Case with Kickstand
    Incipio Feather Case
    Seidio Dilex Case
    Spigen Tough Armor Case
    Noreve Leather Case with Window
    Tech21 Impact Mesh Case
    Galaxy S5 Cases

I'm looking for a strong Aluminum case, does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi all - looking for some opinions on the Neo-Hybrid. I currently have the Slim Armor on my S4, but I am getting an S5 in a few days. Will the Neo-Hybrid offer a decent amount of protection? I can be prone to dropping my phone every now and then and want something that is going to offer a decent amount of protection. Or should I just go for the Tough Armor?

Three words are enough. The commuter offers great protection and yet is not too thick. One if my all time favorites.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I recently purchased the Slim Armor case for my new S5 and while I think it is a very nice case, both aesthetically and quality, I found it pretty much rendered the S-Health heart rate monitor useless. The piece between the auto focus and camera lens keeps you from being able to set your finger correctly for a reading. Something to keep in mind for future purchases. There are a lot of cases out there with the same design.

Quote Originally Posted by muzichead View Post
    I recently purchased the Slim Armor case for my new S5 and while I think it is a very nice case, both aesthetically and quality, I found it pretty much rendered the S-Health heart rate monitor useless. The piece between the auto focus and camera lens keeps you from being able to set your finger correctly for a reading. Something to keep in mind for future purchases. There are a lot of cases out there with the same design.
    There were instructions about the heart monitor with the Slim Armor..

Instructions..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Galaxy S5 Cases-1417892398355.jpg  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I know what the instructions said, but if you can't get your fingertip in there what good is it. The opening is just too small. Even tried it with punkie finger and still not able to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by muzichead View Post
    I know what the instructions said, but if you can't get your fingertip in there what good is it. The opening is just too small. Even tried it with punkie finger and still not able to read it.
    You don't put your finger IN anything. It works fine, I use it all the time.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

First off, your finger needs to make contact with the sensor. I know you don't press on it. Your finger does have to come in contact with the sensor though for it to work. Even the instructions you posted says, "relax and lightly place your finger" on the heart rate monitor. If you don't think it needs to, try it and you will find that it won't work unless your finger comes in contact. I have used the sensor since getting the phone. More than once!!

There is a strip of the case that separates the camera lens and the auto focus lens that works for the heart rate sensor. What I am trying to convey is I "cannot" get my finger into the opening to touch the sensor because of the strip and was just trying to pass on this info to someone that is thinking about purchasing the case so that they will know and won't be disappointed like I was.

Take a moment and go back and read my original post... I essentially said the same thing...

It works every time for me.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I need a good minimalistic case that doesn't block the exterior of the S5

man... finding a case is quite tedious when we are particular about its features and easy access.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Wow..lots of comments.. I currently have Spigen Slim Armor. Used Outer Defender until last week... too large for my everyday office use.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've always tried to find the slimmest case possible unless I'll be working in a touch environment then it's all otterbox for me.

Do you guys have any recommendation for a soft silicone rubber case?

Posted via the Android Central App

Used a Neo-Hybrid from Spigen for a while (about 6 months) then got the Magpul case today. Wow, I regret waiting so long to get it. The Magpul case has a much better grip, seems thinner and lighter. It is amazing.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314