Galaxy S5: Anyone else waiting on the lifeproof case?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've never owned one but I've always wanted one. Have you had a lifeproof case? For which device? Did you like it? Are you awing for this case or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Water resistant S5 plus a life proof case and the phone will become virtually indestructible. You could probably take it diving and seimming with no issues whatsoever

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

count123

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had LP with iPhone 4S and 5. They're a must for me. I detail cars. The ip rating is what sold me on the s5. Not sure I'll be getting one for s5. Have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had LP with iPhone 4S and 5. They're a must for me. I detail cars. The ip rating is what sold me on the s5. Not sure I'll be getting one for s5. Have to wait and see.

If you are bored with your current OS...I behoove you to buy an android....sooo many options....sooo many freedoms :D

count123

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
No behooval necessary. The prodigal returns home to android first thing in the morning. Had the droid x and samsung charge before going to iphone. You know the thing I'm looking forward to most? Swipe! Man it's been a hard knock life these past few years without it. Funny how the little things make the most difference.

tomadamsphoto

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I had one on my old phone. Worked great for underwater photos but the headphone jacks can get a bit bothersome with the supplied adapter.

Posted via Android Central App

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Seems a little redundant for an s5 no?

Yes and no because it will allow you to take your phone to a greater depth underwater than w/o if you enjoy swimming and the case itself will give added protection for almost all outdoor activities.

I've had a LP for my previous iPhones and never had any issues. Love the cases and it had saved my phones many times but there is a little weight added from the case itself so I might not go w/ one this time.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lifeproof for my iPhone 5s and had one for my s4 for a day. I returned it. It made the s4 so bulky it was insane (I'm a girl, I have smaller hands and the phone was kind of big anyways) and there was some serious issues going on with my speaker while talking on the phone. With the phone already being waterproof, I am comfortable without getting a Lifeproof case for it. If I scuba dived or did anything where I had to go deeper than was recommended I might consider it. I don't see me taking up diving living in Indiana lol.

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought a case for my S5 because I wanted one on there from the beginning. I used a Lifeproof on my iPhone 4S. It was a MUST for that phone. Saved me from so many drops that would have shattered that screen. I will probably pick up a Lifeproof for my S5 when it comes out just for the peace of mind. I was thinking about getting a tempered glass protector put on it though, so I may not need the Lifeproof.

rlamas67

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
never owned one,I currently have no case for my Galaxy S5 so yes I'm waiting.. how long does it normally take for these cases to come out after the phones been released? seems like so many cases out there already.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Took Lifeproof a bit to release an S4 one but less time than the S3, I think. What that means for those waiting is either they keep shortening the wait time... or maybe just luck.

Posted via Android Central App

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Might want to get some kinda case to case to protect your phone until LP gets the case for the S5 out. I'm running with an otterbox defender for now.

docmjldds

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Just called Lifeproof and they had no clue as to when a case was going to be released. Poor customer service, IMHO. You can't tell me a big company like that can't even give any approx. time frame for release. I wasn't asking for an exact date. I even asked if it was a month or longer and the answer was no idea :(
Going with another company for now, instead of waiting....Yeah probably an Otterbox