Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Anyone else waiting on the lifeproof case?

I've never owned one but I've always wanted one. Have you had a lifeproof case? For which device? Did you like it? Are you awing for this case or something else?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-05-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Anyone else waiting on the lifeproof case?

I have owned every LP since the first gen for iPhone 4/4S.

Great cases. I may not wait but I will be getting one.

Water resistant S5 plus a life proof case and the phone will become virtually indestructible. You could probably take it diving and seimming with no issues whatsoever

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I bet
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

I've had LP with iPhone 4S and 5. They're a must for me. I detail cars. The ip rating is what sold me on the s5. Not sure I'll be getting one for s5. Have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by count123 View Post
    I've had LP with iPhone 4S and 5. They're a must for me. I detail cars. The ip rating is what sold me on the s5. Not sure I'll be getting one for s5. Have to wait and see.

If you are bored with your current OS...I behoove you to buy an android....sooo many options....sooo many freedoms

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

No behooval necessary. The prodigal returns home to android first thing in the morning. Had the droid x and samsung charge before going to iphone. You know the thing I'm looking forward to most? Swipe! Man it's been a hard knock life these past few years without it. Funny how the little things make the most difference.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Seems a little redundant for an s5 no?
    Thanked by:
    jaleesag88 likes this.

I had one on my old phone. Worked great for underwater photos but the headphone jacks can get a bit bothersome with the supplied adapter.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by trandz View Post
    Seems a little redundant for an s5 no?
    Yes and no because it will allow you to take your phone to a greater depth underwater than w/o if you enjoy swimming and the case itself will give added protection for almost all outdoor activities.

I've had a LP for my previous iPhones and never had any issues. Love the cases and it had saved my phones many times but there is a little weight added from the case itself so I might not go w/ one this time.

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

No.

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    I've never owned one but I've always wanted one. Have you had a lifeproof case? For which device? Did you like it? Are you awing for this case or something else?
    Yes, iphone, nope and no way.

I have a Lifeproof for my iPhone 5s and had one for my s4 for a day. I returned it. It made the s4 so bulky it was insane (I'm a girl, I have smaller hands and the phone was kind of big anyways) and there was some serious issues going on with my speaker while talking on the phone. With the phone already being waterproof, I am comfortable without getting a Lifeproof case for it. If I scuba dived or did anything where I had to go deeper than was recommended I might consider it. I don't see me taking up diving living in Indiana lol.

I bought a case for my S5 because I wanted one on there from the beginning. I used a Lifeproof on my iPhone 4S. It was a MUST for that phone. Saved me from so many drops that would have shattered that screen. I will probably pick up a Lifeproof for my S5 when it comes out just for the peace of mind. I was thinking about getting a tempered glass protector put on it though, so I may not need the Lifeproof.

never owned one,I currently have no case for my Galaxy S5 so yes I'm waiting.. how long does it normally take for these cases to come out after the phones been released? seems like so many cases out there already.

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Took Lifeproof a bit to release an S4 one but less time than the S3, I think. What that means for those waiting is either they keep shortening the wait time... or maybe just luck.

When you say "a bit time to release" are we talking a month? Maybe I just need to get a otterbox for the moment

Might want to get some kinda case to case to protect your phone until LP gets the case for the S5 out. I'm running with an otterbox defender for now.

Yep that's what I'm doing today!

Just called Lifeproof and they had no clue as to when a case was going to be released. Poor customer service, IMHO. You can't tell me a big company like that can't even give any approx. time frame for release. I wasn't asking for an exact date. I even asked if it was a month or longer and the answer was no idea
    Going with another company for now, instead of waiting....Yeah probably an Otterbox

Global Posts
    13,158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by docmjldds View Post
    Just called Lifeproof and they had no clue as to when a case was going to be released. Poor customer service, IMHO. You can't tell me a big company like that can't even give any approx. time frame for release. I wasn't asking for an exact date. I even asked if it was a month or longer and the answer was no idea
    Going with another company for now, instead of waiting....Yeah probably an Otterbox
    Otterbox owns Lifeproof :P

Global Posts
    1,156 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I have an Otterbox defender case on my S5 and I love it but as soon as the LP for the S5 comes out , I'll be buying it. I wonder if Otterbox will release a Preserver series for the S5 like they did for the S4.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by MBM7881; 04-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docmjldds View Post
    Lifeproof has to put a lot of time and development into these cases before releasing them to the public. As they get closer to a release day they usually give you a rough idea but no specific date. They did this with the iPad Air case. Their cases are worth the wait IMO. I have one on my iPad Air and have had them protect my previous iPhones.

I know this is an old thread--- but I had Otterbox's waterproof cover on my iPhone 5, absolutely LOVED it and hated the LP one so I returned it. Screwing in the port covers made me nervous! I have acrylic nails, so I was always worried I wouldn't screw it in right. I'm excited to see the Otterbox version for the samsung. It probably wont be my daily cover depending on how big it is, but we are going on a cruise to include swimming with dolphins, sea lions and sting rays...so you bet your hiney that case will be used!

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    I'm stuck with an iphone 4 until May 26 when my upgrade comes and im getting a Gs 5 immediately. Really excited about switching over to Android. Sick of Apple's bull****. and i'm also patientally waiting for the release of the LP for the gs 5. Can't Wait!
    AlfBriggs likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast