Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  • 1 Post By fallenangel808
  • 1 Post By Sara Di
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Screen Protectors

What are some good screen protectors that don't show finger prints or oil stains? I was looking at this screen protector Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield with Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty for Galaxy S 5 - Retail Packaging (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and I would like to know if anyone has had any history with this brand before, the ratings are pretty good so far.

Default Re: Screen Protectors

From my experience any protector that doesn't show oil is a matte finish and ruins the clarity. I'd go with a Tempered Glass protector but they're $25+ for one so you best know how to install it properly on the first attempt. I've been using MIME branded for almost a month and its just like real glass.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Global Posts
    6,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I went through multiple tempered glass screen protectors trying to get them installed flawlessly (no dust, no bubbles, perfectly aligned). I finally just let the folks with more experience do it and they even went through 1 before getting it good enough that I was satisfied. Some people do it lickedly-split the first time...others, like yours truly, don't have such good screen-protector-installation skillz.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I went through multiple tempered glass screen protectors trying to get them installed flawlessly (no dust, no bubbles, perfectly aligned). I finally just let the folks with more experience do it and they even went through 1 before getting it good enough that I was satisfied. Some people do it lickedly-split the first time...others, like yours truly, don't have such good screen-protector-installation skillz.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    A little tip for those with a difficult time. Most flaws come from the time it takes to properly align. If you could just do this in a second it would most likely work out well.

Clean the phone nicely. Grab the screen protector. Align it on the phone properly. Grab some tape and put a piece on the top, middle and bottom left of the phone. Once taped, flip it off like a notebook and do your final cleaning for dust. When you're happy, pull the film off the protector and flip over. Perfect alignment, no dust usually.

For best results do in a steamy bathroom.

Global Posts
    6,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    A little tip for those with a difficult time. Most flaws come from the time it takes to properly align. If you could just do this in a second it would most likely work out well.

Clean the phone nicely. Grab the screen protector. Align it on the phone properly. Grab some tape and put a piece on the top, middle and bottom left of the phone. Once taped, flip it off like a notebook and do your final cleaning for dust. When you're happy, pull the film off the protector and flip over. Perfect alignment, no dust usually.

For best results do in a steamy bathroom.

Ahhh, the door-hinge method. I tried that and still ended up with a piece of dust. (I may live is the lintiest place on the east coast).

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    Live long and prosper.

Ahhh, the door-hinge method. I tried that and still ended up with a piece of dust. (I may live is the lintiest place on the east coast).

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    Dust can still happen so that's why a steamy bathroom would be a great way to do it.

Global Posts
    6,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Screen Protectors

Dust can still happen so that's why a steamy bathroom would be a great way to do it.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. What does a steamy bathroom do to combat dust (sorry, my science brain is asleep)?

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    Live long and prosper.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. What does a steamy bathroom do to combat dust (sorry, my science brain is asleep)?

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    The steam keeps the dust on the floor so its not floating everywhere. I'm sure there's still a little airborne dust but not much.

Thanked by:
    Haalcyon likes this.

Global Posts
    6,498 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

The steam keeps the dust on the floor so its not floating everywhere. I'm sure there's still a little airborne dust but not much.

Aaaahhhh. Thx.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘
    Live long and prosper.

This is one I'm going to try out.
    iCarez for Samsung Galaxy S5 [Tempered Glass] Highest Quality Prem... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IM7DZEG/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my SM-G900P using AC Forums mobile app

On top of the steam method you will also want to remove all towels, floor mats and anything that may cause lint. I found that helped a lot.
    Thanked by:
    Haalcyon likes this.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Screen Protectors

I am completely inept at putting screen protectors on. I was planning on heading to the Zagg kiosk at my mall and buying and having them put on the glass protector.
    Haalcyon likes this.