Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?

RennieDowns

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It is absolutely worth it, because it protects plus you would hardly notice that it is there. I have got one put one recently and I am pretty impressed with it.:cool:

BalrogWing

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. I know I'm currently still stuck on my iPhone 5 for about a month but plan on getting an S5 when my upgrade date comes. I want the best protection I can for my phone (as I do with all my phones). Has anyone had issues with tempered glass allowing dust underneath it? When I've used the plastic films in the past they almost always somehow get dust underneath and I need to remove and reapply them, and it happens whether someone at the phone store does it or I do. Thank you in advance for your replies and help.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. I know I'm currently still stuck on my iPhone 5 for about a month but plan on getting an S5 when my upgrade date comes. I want the best protection I can for my phone (as I do with all my phones). Has anyone had issues with tempered glass allowing dust underneath it? When I've used the plastic films in the past they almost always somehow get dust underneath and I need to remove and reapply them, and it happens whether someone at the phone store does it or I do. Thank you in advance for your replies and help.

Just peeled off a $35. Spigen GlastR because I had one speck under the glass that was driving me nuts.
Installed the Zagg Glass ($40.) and damn if I did not get another tiny speck of crap under it also. Guess I'll have to live with this one. I had the one on my S4 on perfect with noting under the glass. Good luck as every little speck will show up under these glass protectors.

BalrogWing

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just peeled off a $35. Spigen GlastR because I had one speck under the glass that was driving me nuts.
Installed the Zagg Glass ($40.) and damn if I did not get another tiny speck of crap under it also. Guess I'll have to live with this one. I had the one on my S4 on perfect with noting under the glass. Good luck as every little speck will show up under these glass protectors.

Thanks, that drives me nuts too and I assumed there probably would be dust.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

If you can install it without dust getting in between, it'll stay that way

-Sent from Tapatalk

Mr Smilie

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I purchased the 'Elite Series' Glass Screen Protector from SPROUT today from a Telstra Shop for $50.00 and am very happy with it.

It's Tempered Glass, Shatterproof and a great second skin for my Galaxy S5.

Features Oleophobic coating, Delicate touch, 100% transparent, Real Glass, Silicone for perfect adhesion.

Cheers, Neil.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I purchased the 'Elite Series' Glass Screen Protector from SPROUT today from a Telstra Shop for $50.00 and am very happy with it.

It's Tempered Glass, Shatterproof and a great second skin for my Galaxy S5.

Features Oleophobic coating, Delicate touch, 100% transparent, Real Glass, Silicone for perfect adhesion.

Cheers, Neil.

$50?? And I thought the Zagg glass at $40 was a high enough price

-Sent from Tapatalk

dk3355

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a WRIOL G PRO Tempered Glass screen protector and just installed it today.
The phone screen was cleaned completely and no dust prior to installing.
After install I noticed the upper right corner (about 1/2 in oval) was not sealing. I could put thumb pressure over it and gap sealed, but as soon as I release that area would gap. Also test the finger print resistance and it was terrible. No were near original.

I paid about $11 for it from Everbuying site.
Also not to happy about the battery packs I purchased from them.
Moral of the story - Be careful about some of the Chinese stuff !!

Oliver Telfor

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tempered glass screen protectors?

Think of it this way. Even if the gorilla glass holds up great, there will still be scratches. When you get tired of the glass scratches and you HAVE a glass protector, peel it off and spend another $25-$40 on a new one and, voila! a screen that looks new. If you DON'T have a protector, then you are out $200 to replace the digitizer and the glass (and who knows what results you'll get). OR, you burn $100 on a new phone via insurance. OR WORSE, you just live with the scratches, which, if you're as uptight as I am about that stuff, can be nerve-wracking.

I bought the Zagg one. I had one for my S4 and LOVED it. Not only is it scratch resistant, but it has an oleophobic coating that resists (doesn't PREVENT, mind you) fingerprints, so the screen actually gets far less nasty. To be honest, I bought the Verizon-branded tempered glass protector at the Verizon store along with the phone for $24, and after two hours with it, I replaced it with the Zagg model, because the VZW model appeared to ATTRACT fingerprints. I'm MUCH happier with the Zagg.

As for the clarity and feel, I can say that the screen on the S4 and the S5 look exactly as they do unprotected, and the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass model actually has a smoother glide than the bare phone glass.

I'll never buy another phone that can't be protected with one of these!

Mark

I couldn't agree with you more!

I got quoted ?150 to repair an iPhone screen ages ago but my insurance company - it's just a rip off.

For the small amount you pay out on a protector it's so worth it in the long run.

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Just installed the Spigen glass.t nano slim and at 0.2 mm thick it is near perfect for me. Home button is flush and not recessed at all. I was looking for the thinnest glass out there and that is the thinnest. I tried to do the hot shower trick, but I guess I didn't wait long enough. I kept getting lint underneath and I had reapply about three times. Luckily the few spots are in the black area so I don't notice it that much. I was getting frustrated due to the lint getting trapped. I wanted it to be perfect since it is so expensive and I'm obsessive about that stuff. I also thought a corner was not going to stick either because I was removing it so many times. I tried one more time and carefully tried to smooth out the area with my nail and it turned out very good. Must have been either lint or crinkled adhesive.
The Spigen slim armor fits well with it, but I'm noticing that is a lot more slippery. It's also a tad bit wider so it doesn't seem as comfortable as it did naked. Harder to do one handed things.... Oh well, time will tell.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Just installed the Spigen glass.t nano slim and at 0.2 mm thick it is near perfect for me. Home button is flush and not recessed at all. .

This also makes the fingerprint scanner much easier to use

-Sent from Tapatalk

kitersin

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just received and applied my ZAGG glass protector. Install went perfect, not a speck of dust underneath (I am OCD and prep so long to have a clean, minimal dust environment).

Very happy with the end product and actually prefer the ZAGG to the Spigen installed on my S4.

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't use a screen protector just because I usually don't even like having a case on my phone. But I've seen screen protectors protect the device's screen and i've seen some that didn't help at all. I think it's more of a peace of mind kinda thing.

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Luvvitt 9H protector and after using it for a day or two will never go back to using a non-glass screen protector again. The Luvvitt is smooth and slick, I'm very happy with it... as a side note it was purchased on Amazon.

Posted via Android Central App via a Samsung S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech