Galaxy S5: Tempered glass screen protectors?

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tempered glass screen protectors?

I took off my Zagg Glass off and installed the iloome screenmate flex: Premium Flexible Glass. You can't go wrong with this one as the install method is hinge method and IMHO it's a lot better installation method I've seen so far. Zagg method is okay as well but I prefer the hinge method.

I got this thing damn straight, perfectly aligned, went to the bathroom turned on hot water shower to create some steam and installed the screen protector. Not a single speck of dust in my screen and very pleased with. Aligning it took about a while, but installing was quick and easy.

Since it.s 0.12 mm thick, I barely notice that it's there and looks like nothing is there on my screen.

One thing I didn't like about Zagg Glass was that it is not edge to edge and that was a disappointment. While the Screenmate Flex for the S5 is edge to edge. However, one thing I dislike about the screenmate flex is that it leaves fingerprints and smudges behind and it's not easy to wipe them off, wished that the screen mate flex would be 9H instead of 8H.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the Luvvitt glass screen protector. I work in a clean room and the prep work I had to do for a dust from install still took me nearly a half hour. This was working under an anti static laminar flow hood within a clean room. Even when you remove all environmental dust you have to meticulously clean and then remove every dust particle from the work area, phone, screen, and both sides of the screen protector.

When I dropped the protector on my screen the upper right corner was touching the chrome bezel and if I pushed it flat it would raise back up. I peeled back the protector about half way and was able to shift it ever so slightly. Now there is a defect where I scraped the adhesive trying to pry the protector up. This defect is not visible to the naked eye.

The product itself is great. Just like the stock screen. I had some micro scratches in my screen that you could only see with an inspection light. The adhesive has filled in the scratches and they are no longer visible.

I haven't gotten enough dirt on the screen to comment on the oil resistance. The little smudge I did see I would say was slightly harder to wipe off than the stock screen. Maybe it was the same, it's hard to say. I hope this review is helpful.

kitersin

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tempered glass screen protectors?

I took off my Zagg Glass off and installed the iloome screenmate flex: Premium Flexible Glass. You can't go wrong with this one as the install method is hinge method and IMHO it's a lot better installation method I've seen so far. Zagg method is okay as well but I prefer the hinge method.

I installed my ZAGG using the hinge method.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the spigen Glas.t slim. I got it with their promo buy a case get the tempered glass 1/2 off. I'm happy with it, especially for the price! And I had a $7.99 off coupon so it ended up being like the case was free with the screen protector lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Boredjokker

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Had anyone used a zagg is with a speck candyshell? I just got an s5 after my s3 found a pebble at 2 ft and the shops want 160 to replace it. I got the speck as they are comfortable to grip, but I need a good screen protector as well.

Posted via Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Had anyone used a zagg is with a speck candyshell? I just got an s5 after my s3 found a pebble at 2 ft and the shops want 160 to replace it. I got the speck as they are comfortable to grip, but I need a good screen protector as well.

I have a Zagg glass on mine and a speck candy shell. Works great!

choppermn27

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Ordered Luvvitt glass screen protector.
This is the best alternative to the Zagg.
Thanks to all who recommended the Luvvitt am very impressed with clarity and ease of installation.

rcca

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Zagg I think is the best $26.00 and $6.00 they installed it . In 24hrs. store it will smooth out, and no bubbles. They were right. Lifetime protection.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Zagg I think is the best $26.00 and $6.00 they installed it . In 24hrs. store it will smooth out, and no bubbles. They were right. Lifetime protection.

$26 isn't Glass. Zagg Glass is $35 direct and $40 in store. Did you get regular Zagg film?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
TEMPER GLASS PROTECTORS are not expensive... ebay LOOK!

I know you can get them for cheap but some things are worth spending a little extra on. If you spend less on a glass screen protector and it scratches more easily and doesn't have the nice coating to keep oil from sticking it will affect your user experience for the whole phone for what could be a very long time.

Also, you have to assume that a case and a screen protector are going to pay for themselves but hope that they don't.

Frankfan2112

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Verizon one for my daughter's S5 and got a speck of dust under it while installing. The sticky stuff reminded me of the same stuff used on the sticky toys you throw against the wall and watch them "crawl" down.
I figured I'd try to wash it. So, I removed it, ran it under the faucet with some Dawn dishwashing liquid to perfectly clean it blew it dry with canned air to remove water droplets and tried again. Failed...another dust speck. Wash, rinse, repeat and it went on perfectly.

The glass did not lose any of its stickiness after the clean-ups and was stuck on for the past 2 months until last night when her phone went flying. Picked up the phone and there it was...CRACK. The tempered glass cracked and the S5 screen was fine!

Another one is on the way...

anon(2345131)

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Care to elaborate. Maybe a link.

It's literally another thin piece of glass on top of your phone's original.

Maintains your smartphones display looking amazing while protecting it. I'm using on my S5v with Swype and I have no issues with my finger(s) sliding across the entire screen.

Available for all kinds of tablets and smartphones.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.bodyguardz.com&token=-2VYr0nL

I'm sure there's YouTube videos and reviews from different sites.

I highly recommend.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante