Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MilitantRabbit
  • 1 Post By kooritsuki
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 S View Flip Cover: Anyone else's popping/flipping up?

I got the black S View flip cover, and it keeps flipping open from closed after a few minutes use. Shouldn't this stick to the screen? I saw on another thread that someone else had the same problem. Is this just a needs-to-break-in issue, or is it a defect?

Default Re: S5 S View Flip Cover: Anyone else's popping/flipping up?

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantRabbit View Post
    I got the black S View flip cover, and it keeps flipping open from closed after a few minutes use. Shouldn't this stick to the screen? I saw on another thread that someone else had the same problem. Is this just a needs-to-break-in issue, or is it a defect?
    Had a similar issue with my S4 and returned it. I don't like those flip covers much anyway so...

Hopefully another flip cover user can chime in that uses it with an S5

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I have the S-view case for my S5 and I also purchased this to keep it closed: Amazon.com: Spigen® Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy Note 3 Flip Cover [Magnetic Clip] Magnetic Holder for Samsung S View Cover / Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 & Samsung Galaxy Note III **Cover is not included** - Magnetic Clip (SGP10688): Cell Phones & It works well. The only thing that I don't like is part of the clip has to be installed on the side of the phone and I have other cases. They do however give you additional installation tapes to use so you can reinstall several times.

Normal. They all do that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Denisej View Post
    I have the S-view case for my S5 and I also purchased this to keep it closed: Amazon.com: Spigen® Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy Note 3 Flip Cover [Magnetic Clip] Magnetic Holder for Samsung S View Cover / Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 & Samsung Galaxy Note III **Cover is not included** - Magnetic Clip (SGP10688): Cell Phones & It works well. The only thing that I don't like is part of the clip has to be installed on the side of the phone and I have other cases. They do however give you additional installation tapes to use so you can reinstall several times.
    I just bought that exact piece on Amazon and got it delivered today. Saves my OCD and well worth the price.
    Denisej likes this.

Mine won't stay closed. The ones on the in store model did stay closed though.

I use a 3 x 5 soft jewelry pouch outside of the Folio Cover. It keeps everything closed and protects the exposed camera lens on the back.

Mine needs about 2 secs of lightly holding it in place in it's closed position, then it stays there. Even if I flipped it over to the back for a while, it only takes several seconds of closing it and putting the phone front side down for it to start "sticking".

Heard someone saying something about using a blowdryer on the side (left side that connects the front and the back of the cover) then leaving it to cool down in the closed position to make it stick. I haven't had the need to try it myself.
    LCAcor likes this.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

We need to get everyone here into a support group. No offense because I'd be right there with all of you.

Posted via Android Central App

no its normal......i have the wireless charging one now and that stays flat much better than the non-wireless one

Quote Originally Posted by Denisej View Post
    that thing sucks.....the metal can scratch the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    Mine won't stay closed. The ones on the in store model did stay closed though.
    that's because you can't fold those back

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

It's normal. I just put the phone faced down and pick it up and it's closed. Nothing serious to worry over.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

This was an issue with the S4 S-view case as well, but only when they were brand new. After a little break in period, they would lay flat.

Mark

Mine also flips open when layed down. Any DIY solutions? Thanks.

Soap along the spine... leave overnight

Quote Originally Posted by kooritsuki View Post
    Mine needs about 2 secs of lightly holding it in place in it's closed position, then it stays there. Even if I flipped it over to the back for a while, it only takes several seconds of closing it and putting the phone front side down for it to start "sticking".

Heard someone saying something about using a blowdryer on the side (left side that connects the front and the back of the cover) then leaving it to cool down in the closed position to make it stick. I haven't had the need to try it myself.
    Mine also takes a few seconds to close after I've had it open for a while. No issues so far and have had my S View case since Saturday.

just rub the clear section a couple of times with your finger and it creates static charge that holds it in place perfectly

I exchanged my case and this new one sucks. It doesn't stay shut at all. I give up.

Went with a normal tpu case instead and wireless charging sucks anyways. Way too slow

-Sent from Tapatalk

I was thinkink about stick very small neodymium magnets in the corner of case but this can make compass useless. In the top right corner compass going crazy. I hope that it will stop open after some time.

Finally i bought spinger magnetic clips. Awesome stuff!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech Doe View Post
    I was thinkink about stick very small neodymium magnets in the corner of case but this can make compass useless. In the top right corner compass going crazy. I hope that it will stop open after some time.

After 4 months mine stays shut, before that I just use to put a lighter on it to keep it shut for my s view on note 3

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Anyone using S-view cover experiencing that they get "check battery cover" notification once in a while when you wake the phone? Before using s-view cover I only get that notification when I restart the phone, now it's been a couple times when I open the flap to wake the phone, and the phone displays the check battery cover notification. I have checked and the back cover portion is shut perfectly
    Is this normal or is this mean my s-view case might be defective?

I absolutely hate this s-view cover I lost my wireless charging back in the midst of a night of heavy drinking lol the only back they had at Verizon was the s view. I highly regret buying this. I personally think the s view is completely pointless there is almost no function for it and the case will not stay closed. Sorry rant over but it's what I get for drinking too much lol.